Important items for consideration before contacting our office.
The IG conducts investigations and inquiries into allegations of wrongdoing by military or civilian members of NPS.
Ethics rules require all personnel to be vigilant against the possibility of illegal or improper acts and report them to their chain of command or an IG.
Anyone can file a hotline complaint.
• Abuse of authority, position, or title
• Bribes, kickbacks, and acceptance of gratuities
• Conflicts of interest
• Ethics violations
• Fraud, including travel fraud
• Improper gifts
• Improper referral for mental health evaluations
• Misuse of government resources, including official time, property, position and public office
• Political activities
• Procurement or contract Issues
• Purchase card and travel card abuse
• Safety and public health
• Systemic problems
• Time and attendance
No. You may request confidentiality or anonymity.
If you request confidentiality, we will make every effort to protect your identity from disclosure; however, we cannot guarantee confidentiality since disclosure may be required during the investigation or in the course of corrective action.
If you file your complaint anonymously, we won’t know who you are, and won’t be able to contact you to request additional information or to give you the results of the investigation.