Events at NPS
Strategic Communication Workshop (SCW)
The Strategic Communication Workshop (SCW) is a hands-on, results-oriented workshop that assists commands in the development and implementation of strategic communication plans and processes. Teams should bring their command's strategic plan and/or a command initiative that might benefit from a communication component. Naval Postgraduate School faculty use the latest research and lessons learned from industry and DoD to generate discussion. Each team is assigned a professional facilitator who will serve as a guide and provide feedback. Teams will be asked to conduct in-depth stakeholder analyses, assess communication risk as it relates to your organization's goals and develop communication metrics to track desired effects.
Questions to be Addressed During the Workshop
- What strategic analysis is supporting your communication tactics?
- Who are your key stakeholders and how do they impact the achievement of your goals?
- What messages are your actions conveying, both inside and outside your organization?
- How does communication provide the linkage between day-to-day activities and commander's priorities?
- Are you maximizing your strategic effects with associated communication processes?
The SCW is conducted in the spaces of the Center for Executive Education on the campus of the U.S. Naval Postgraduate School in Monterey, California, or in designated Fleet concentration locations, as designated on our main webpage. If at NPS, lodging is available on-base at the Navy Gateway Inns & Suites in historic Herrmann Hall.
Who Should Attend?
Suggested workshop attendees are teams of 3-5 key organizational members led by a Flag Officer, SES, or O-6. Commands should send a diverse group -- seniority, functional areas, and others who are familiar with the initiative (e.g. Planners, IO, PAO, HR, IT, Policy, and/or Operations).
Visit Center for Executive Education website for more information.